Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

August is White Cape Month!

Go down 
+8
Altaria
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

August is White Cape Month! Empty
PostSubject: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 2:55 pm

August is White Cape Month, because of the Mute Incident anniversary (August 23 and August 24). Wear your white capes and other anti-mute gear -lipstick, bell bracelets (the anti-mute accessory of Shadow Hearts fame), rose corsages et al- with pride!

The Final Countdown Festival (August 6 to August 10) is this month, as well! Please remember, I only wanted simply to avenge Dennis Hopper, after he died on an airing day that year - but when I made a certain Facebook post within 24 hours of the airing, well he obviously wanted to bequeath something to me!

It was just as well I made the Rainbow Bridge security, including the surprising new ruling spawned by the Final Countdown Festival - on New Year's Day 2011, just as I feared the "
Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia"
hate trend trolled Dennis. I again thank my friends for your support in the matter, right down to Lemmy appointing me as the Koopa Princess :-D

Additionally... it was on the day after the 2016 Mute Incident anniversary, when I had the announcement for the three airings at the time when I lost Grandpa Ken (September 29 1924 - September 14 2016). Obviously, this initiated the conclusion, of when the Rainbow Bridge security became official in my family.

And the first two games I completed, for these fragile airings? The Bucky O'Hare NES game, in Swedish on August 25 2016, and then in Russian the very next day! I know we have some people here who speak multiple languages, so do those lucky folks speak Swedish and Russian?

Now, for those of you also on a Disney binge because of my kitty Jasmine... yes, I realise Aladdin (in his Prince Ali guise) would certainly qualify for this month! I am actually considering doing a thread about my own Disney binge, but if anyone else wants to start one then yes please do.

I am still looking for Disney Christmas ornaments, and Aladdin -especially Princess Jasmine, naturally- is among the top choices for ornaments exclusive for Santa Claude 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 7:47 pm

I think I have a white cape some where that I can wear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 8:43 pm

Another special month to dress up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 1:50 am

Any airing this month?
Back to top Go down
Altaria

Altaria

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 4:19 am

Altaria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 am

Raven wrote:
Any airing this month?

Not as far as I know, sorry...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:51 pm

We must all wear that white cape
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 3:48 am

White Knight wrote:
We must all wear that white cape

Amen, brother!

It's actually just as well you said that, what with Donut Lord's evil behaviour having become especially erratic and nasty since the initial lockdown. Some such incidences could have gotten him in deep shit, if only mom hadn't shooed him out of the house - and just last year, there was one incident immediately before Yoshimoto was taken ill (oh boy, my parents handed his ass to him for that one!)!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 12:53 am

I will bring out the white cape just in case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 1:53 am

Raven wrote:

Good thinking, Raven. As well as in case I have airings, there's always the chance Donut Lord might decide to return - possibly even seek vengeance on me, because of my parents protecting me now? Even as an adult, that sick bastard would still bully me - yuck!

In fact, because of Donut Lord's hacking history... I have still considered asking Kunzite for advice, just in case. Trouble is, among things on Donut Lord's part, I don't know if he has an official hacker handle or something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 2:45 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 3:00 pm

Raven wrote:

I will wear one too to help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 12:43 am

Biyomon wrote:
Raven wrote:

I will wear one too to help

Bravo, Biyomon!

And as of yesterday up until Wednesday, it's the Final Countdown Festival! Just as well I bought that collector's edition of Europe's The Final Countdown album, I know - I only hope I can soon test it out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 3:07 pm

It is too hot to wear a costume now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 3:21 pm

Andy wrote:
It is too hot to wear a costume now

Then go soak yourself in some water! I love a good bath.

And in case anyone asks me about wisdom teeth troubles, omg yikes! I've had all of mine taken out, at a private hospital adjacent to my crappy local hospital (please bear in mind, this was before the Mute For Coal Incident). They started giving me shit a few months after I renounced education, so I had two of them pulled in Deadeye Month that year, and I even got to keep them in a jar (and let me tell you, for human teeth they're fucking huge!) - the dentist opted to keep the remaining two in, unless they give me shit as well.

As I feared, the remaining two had to go when I was 21... but no, I didn't get to keep them in a jar, I was informed that they crumbled upon removal. But these two were worse than the initial problem - it was actually physically painful to smile! If I smiled even a little, the teeth would really hurt!

We did consider trying the same dentist six years later, as one of my options when I needed that adult tooth removed (the one 'affected' by the Mute For Coal Incident). Obviously, though... that's not an option while Carie is still alive...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 12:08 am

A good bath with some nice rubber ducks would be so fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 2:55 pm

White Knight wrote:
A good bath with some nice rubber ducks would be so fun

let's hope I can soon use my Street Fighter and Resident Evil rubber ducks again soon, no?

And my parents returned from France about an hour ago, so I dropped by to see them... and if any of the Pokemons here can speak French, I'd appreciate it. One of the presents mom bought me, was a Pokemon magazine and trading cards in French!

But mom says she's heard from Charlotte, she plans to visit tomorrow - so if anyone wants to continue bashing Ryu, well we'll see what happens tomorrow, before we make the verdict...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 2:58 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 2:44 pm

It's good news - no need to bash Ryu, as Charlotte is back in our good books. Turns out she basically needed to be alone for a while, though as far as I know Donut Lord wasn't the problem...

But because Charlotte is, herself, an avid supporter of the Street Fighter mandate... yes, I have asked her to see if she can include a Cammy item or two in her donations, until Santa Claude can deliver his share of the justice for Kylie...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Glad things worked out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:42 am

Biyomon wrote:
Glad things worked out

Yep, it's all good.

And has Gin seen one of the new Dhar Mann videos, on YouTube? Near the end of the video, one character dresses up as Gin Ichimaru, Gin's namesake from Bleach - I was like omg, I gotta tell Gin about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbviLL4Rmy4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 2:07 pm

And today is ten years since I had Jasper! He was our first Street Fighter baby, as I had him during an airing celebration at the time - and oh my stars, he was so cute!

I remember mom was in a rush that weekend, she had to come early to help me get ready for my airings on the Saturday. I thought nothing of it - maybe someone at the caravan campsite was doing a big BBQ, so my parents were in a rush for it?

Then on the Sunday morning, I phoned mom to let her know my airings went well... and she asked me to come over to the house, as she had something to show me and yes it was good. I walked over... and there she was, playing with this tiny little gray kitten named Jasper! And we weren't babysitting him either - he was ours! 🐱
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 3:11 pm

Happy Jasper anniversary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 5:20 pm

White Knight wrote:
Happy Jasper anniversary

awww, thanks Lemmy. I was so surprised at having a new kitten, I mean this was while we still had Jenny and Crystal... but awww, this cute little gray furball...

And we have a red moon tonight, over here! I don't think I could post my picture of it in my personal gallery, though - I think it may not fit the graphic/byte/whatever requirements...

Now, I know the Breath of the Wild players may make a lot of jokes about it... but remember, Vega stares up at a red moon, on the night when he falls for Chun Li (not like she deserves him...) in Street Fighter II V, so I can imagine one or two comments there - even more so as, indeed, the red moon plays a small role in mine and Vega's romance, in my fics...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! Empty

Back to top Go down

August is White Cape Month!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next