Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

February is Ken Month!

Go down 
+10
Altaria
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

February is Ken Month! Empty
PostSubject: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 1:35 am

February is Ken Month, in honour of Ken Masters! I know he... misbehaves, from time to time - and rest assured, I do punish the character for that. As such, if anyone wants to see the Ken video set to Make A Man Out Of You (one of the songs from Mulan)... please say so, and I will PM it to you.

But my late paternal grandpa was named Ken, in fact my dad pointed this out, when in 1996 I challenged him to Street Fighter 2 Turbo... and he kept choosing Ken, just because that's my grandpa's name. This would have the inevitable results, in my family!

It is also true, that Mod Soul joined us during an airing celebration in one Ken Month. Please remember, I was still visibly shaken, from the events resulting in the creation of the Street Fighter mandate - so (insert something which upset me here) was kind of a ticking time bomb, y'know? ...Or did my enemies plan some (if not all) of it all along, so they could launch an all-out assault...?

But as well as my creation of the Street Fighter mandate, I did engage in Street Fighter-related activity anyhow... including that Ken Month saw my first airing celebration of the year, in turn meaning the official 'debut' of the famous Street Fighter socks. It was during that celebration, when we welcomed Mod Soul into the fold;
and as if foreseeing R Mika's surprise inclusion in Street Fighter 5, one of my airing gifts was an action figure of R Mika.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 4:09 pm

February...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 4:50 pm

This is going to be a sweet month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 7:30 am

and it's good news for the Resident Evil fans, as well! I bought a necklace just like Claire's yesterday, along with a Resident Evil 2 silver ingot and coin, over at Roy's shop. I just HAD to have these!

I have attached the ingot and the coin, to my copy of the PS1 version of Resident Evil 2 - yes, primarily because I had that game for my airings in Righteous Month, my first full airing celebration since we had to crusade for justice for Kylie. I will use the box for the ingot for any loose Capcom games I buy, or even any exclusive Christmas and/or Halloween ornaments.

As for the necklace, yes I plan to wear it for next time - both for the airing/s, and even for updating my sale ID photo at Roy's shop. Until then, it will remain in its box - which too will be used to store loose Capcom games and/or exclusive ornaments, once I start wearing the necklace.

Also note, that Resident Evil 2 takes place on September 29, which just happened to be Grandpa Ken's birthday... so my dad jokingly suggested, that my purchase was expected of me 0:-)

Also, someone on Facebook posted a picture of a cat named Vega - guess how I responded LOL :jay:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 3:29 pm

It is a winter deep freeze where I am at now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 5:17 pm

Kisara wrote:

I hope you're keeping warm then, Kisara. Do you have a heater or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 8:52 pm

Vega the cat must be a handsome looking feline
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 2:18 am

Biyomon wrote:
Vega the cat must be a handsome looking feline

Yes Biyomon, cue the inevitable! Jay laughed, when I told him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 4:15 am

Was the cat a British Blue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:06 am

Raven wrote:
Was the cat a British Blue

A ragdoll, actually. Ragdolls are very beautiful, so how fitting to name one 'Vega' right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:46 pm

Kisara wrote:

Same goes for me but I hope it won't last long
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 4:59 pm

Gin wrote:
Kisara wrote:

Same goes for me but I hope it won't last long

I hope you keep warm, too. Do you have any heaters or whatever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 6:57 pm

Ragdolls are very big cats. Bigger than most dogs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 1:35 am

Andy wrote:

Well mom says they're very loving and cuddly, which was why we had Sapphire when I was 30. After we surrendered Yoshimoto, mom decided I should have a ragdoll too, and so I had my cute kitty Jasmine.
Back to top Go down
Altaria

Altaria

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 5:10 am

Altaria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 9:49 pm

Gracia wrote:
Andy wrote:

Well mom says they're very loving and cuddly, which was why we had Sapphire when I was 30. After we surrendered Yoshimoto, mom decided I should have a ragdoll too, and so I had my cute kitty Jasmine.

Your kitties are superstars in cuteness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 12:08 am

Jaden wrote:
Gracia wrote:
Andy wrote:

Your kitties are superstars in cuteness

Awwwww 😄 Well yes, we always choose the cutest, even if they are the only ones available - as was the case with Yoshimoto, and also little Blinky. But not even my 'pampered Persian princess' (in Zane's own words!) Crystal could ever be as cute as Jasmine 🐱
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 3:21 am

And yes folks, I am aware that Nina has been confirmed for Tekken 8. If I played it, I would certainly main her - unless, of course, Angel makes a comeback...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 5:10 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 1:02 am

Nina is a popular character in Tekken. She would be a great choice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 2:15 am

Gin wrote:
Nina is a popular character in Tekken. She would be a great choice

Please remember, though... that I main her because of me getting Death By Degrees (the Tekken spinoff starring Nina) for my 35th birthday, when I faced the misfortune which resulted in my creating Ibuki's Law. My 2019 Santa Claude visit went well, but mom's blasphemy toward the white Greek dress -including, surprise surprise (!), her not giving a flying fuck about anything other than it being Christmas- made me feel too sick to go birthday shopping, so Death By Degrees was one of my choices when I instead opted to eBay. The other, before you ask, was one of Udon's Street Fighter works - in accordance with the Street Fighter mandate, my second Special Champion Edition of my cause no less.

Completing the game -and before you ask, I chose Heihachi for my final boss- for my airings in Spanish Deadeye Month 2020 officially redeemed Nina, Heihachi et al, for their involvement in the horror that is Street Fighter X Tekken. My family is very anti-Balrog, especially because my very sweet, very loving first Persian cat Blinky (who I lost in Airing Month 2012;
Mel, the cat I lost in Balrog Bashing Month 2019, was his successor) took ill immediately after we learned of the Street Fighter X Tekken thing... so they understand my aversion to closed casket funerals, and mom has herself called Balrog 'the nasty man'!

But, I had a feeling, that some folks may ask me about redeeming the Namco-Bandai characters in Street Fighter X Tekken;
and don't forget, that certain misfortune I have faced -yes, including the Mute For Coal Incident- caused me to feel such strong views about my special month... so it only seemed right, to reserve Death By Degrees for any future Spanish Deadeye Month. I was indeed correct, that the indications given meant that Santa Claude would come to town so soon after his last visit!

Because of my strong views about Christmas, I eventually thought about it... and it only felt right to main Nina, again unless Angel is playable. Inevitably, on the Tekken Tag series I now main Angel with Nina as my tag partner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 8:34 pm

We need to wish harder for airings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 2:01 am

White Knight wrote:

You're telling me - I check the online TV listings every day for airings! Some listings go up to a fortnight or so, while others go slightly longer - which would explain precisely how much of a rush we may have, were we indeed to update the site for the airings in question.

I also suspect, that channel Five (the channel once responsible for when I had annual single airings, including my first Santa Claude visit) may have renewed their airing license - remember, 5Action (the channel responsible for my airings last year) is one of Five's sister channels. So unless another channel picks up the Street Fighter movie, it could be 5Action's doing again...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 9:50 pm

Piplup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 10:07 pm

White Knight wrote:

Let me help you with the Wishing too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February is Ken Month!   February is Ken Month! Empty

Back to top Go down

February is Ken Month!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next