Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

August is White Cape Month!

Go down 
+8
Altaria
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

August is White Cape Month! Empty
PostSubject: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 12:59 am

August is White Cape Month, in memory of the original Mute Incident. Such a painful tragedy had occurred at the height of my newfound glory, since I was charmed by the live action Street Fighter movie - and forced me to begin developing and implementing the security we know and love. I even take a swig of mouthwash at the start of an airing celebration, because mouthwash is the anti-mute curative in Persona 4.

With Donut Lord's shock reputation as of late even to Gran... yes, I'll certainly emphasise on as much white and anti-mute as possible. But when mom and I visited Gran on Friday evening (she needed mom's help, with her laundry machine), please be assured she reported he hasn't been bothering her as of late...

Important dates in White Cape Month:

August 6 to 10: The Final Countdown Festival! The celebration of the inevitable result, of how I found myself thinking of our favourite crazed military dictator General M Bison every time I hear Europe's most famous smash hit, The Final Countdown. I had even previously sung it on karaoke in Spanish Deadeye Month 2007, ahead of my second Santa Claude visit.

August 23 and 24: Mute Incident anniversary

August 25 and 26: Aniverse-ary of when I completed the Swedish- and Russian-language versions of the Bucky O'Hare NES game. They were the first and second pre-airing gaming achievements, for three airings in Balrog Bashing Month 2016 - but again, with the loss of Grandpa Ken on the day before the third of those three airings, please be assured he's not at risk, as we lost him little over an hour before I had to start that respective final countdown.
Back to top Go down
Altaria

Altaria

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 2:10 am

Altaria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 12:00 am

We should all wear a lot of white this month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 1:12 pm

Raven wrote:
We should all wear a lot of white this month

Indeed! Why, in fact Donut Lord's ex is going to let me register my own profile on her Nintendo Switch - so I'll see if I can get any white costume options, when I design my Mii. I actually mained Donut Lord's ex (i.e. her Mii!) on her copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so I'm looking forward to maining myself.

I can't guarantee any white costumes on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, though. Normally, I wear the Samus Aran suit because that's cool - but when I host airing celebrations, it's the Mega Man suit all the way, yes doubly so because of Ryu's Mega Man costume on Street Fighter 5. And that is before we consider, Donut Lord's ex is herself a Ryu main -and her mom, a Chun Li main- on Street Fighter 5!

Of course, we'll also need to consider tributes to my cat Yoshimoto - including how I will wear the red airing dress for next time (I'll still wear the white cape, please be assured about that), as he was Raul's successor. Anyone up for discussion?

And, I've added a picture of my purrfect baby girl Jasmine in my personal gallery. Isn't she beautiful?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 pm

Have fun with Mario Karting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Mistress 9 wrote:
Have fun with Mario Karting

Oh I will! I bet Lemmy would be honoured, to see the Koopa Princess racing alongside his namesake 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Don't forget that white cape when playing Mario kart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 3:03 pm

White Knight wrote:
Don't forget that white cape when playing Mario kart

I don't think the Mii designer has a white cape option, but I'll see if I can find a lovely white ensemble for my Mii. Just remember, if not my default Mii suit, it's either the Samus costume or the Mega Man one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 5:01 am

You can always wear one of your famous airing white capes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 3:30 am

Today is the first day of the festival
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 6:59 pm

how true Raven, it depends if the situation arises - and yes Mod Soul, indeed it is 😄

And, in case anyone wants my opinion on the new fighter Luke... hmmm, well we need to see how things go with him, before we can decide. That, and yes I want to see what costumes are planned for him LOL

With regard to him being slated for Street Fighter 6... I hope that game turns out good, like it better not be a bad one for us Vega fans...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 1:39 pm

How is the festival this year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 3:45 pm

Mistress 9 wrote:
How is the festival this year?

Oh, it's been fine. Thank you for asking ^_^

And good news for everyone who is looking forward to the Oro/Akira release on Street Fighter 5, especially for the Akira fans! I was lucky enough to buy a copy of Rival Schools today! Sakura's guest appearance therein is one thing, but Akira joining the Street Fighter circuit was reason enough to convince me to keep an eye out for Rival Schools.

I actually went into town to get a Nintendo Switch (my parents and I have been talking, about me getting one)... but I just couldn't say no to a few other little trinkets as well. So my face lit up, to find a copy of Rival Schools!

Because of the Switch, yes we can confirm Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, for the 2021 Street Fighter mandate. I chose the poster for it as my cover - the poster's beauty alone is one thing, but Ibuki is on the poster, and there is the point of my strong Christmas views being known as Ibuki's Law.

However, I could not find a copy of Ultra Street Fighter 2 - so lest I find it elsewhere in the meantime, my dad has allowed me to EBay for it with my birthday money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 4:49 pm

For the Pokemons (and Pokemon players here), please go and kill some Zubat for me. One of the nicknames I've heard for them is 'Cave Herpes' - eeeewww! wtf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 2:35 am

There shouldn't be a festival to celebrate this year if you are mourning Yoshimoto
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 3:48 am

Tetsu wrote:
There shouldn't be a festival to celebrate this year if you are mourning Yoshimoto

Please remember the Final Countdown Festival honours the inevitable result, of my thinking of Bison every time I hear The Final Countdown. I only chose 'festival' in naming the anniversary, for the sake of alliteration.

However, Yoshimoto's passing was another point I took to heart, when I agreed to get a Switch - for the time being, I'm using one of the Yoshi icons as my profile avatar. I may eventually change to another avatar - like let's face it, King Dedede (from Kirby) is the spitting image of duck !

For airing celebrations, I'm leaning toward using any of the Samus Aran icons, or maybe one or two Zelda ones - that is, because of the Metroid content in later Monster Hunter games, as well as Capcom having made some of the Zelda games. Any preferences?

And when it comes to games, when buying a Switch bundle the first choice was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I have been using the Samus and, yes, Yoshi suits for my Mii, but I've also uploaded one or two others yes including Bowser. I only hope I don't have to wait too long, to upload and thus use the Mega Man suit...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 6:14 pm

Airings and celebrations should still go on even if there are deaths
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 2:27 am

Raven wrote:
Airings and celebrations should still go on even if there are deaths

That's true, though indeed still remain on alert especially in the case of airings - but yes, thankfully I realise the "
Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia"
crowd will not claim Yoshimoto as another victim 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 11:51 am

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 4:01 pm

And in case Green Ninja asks if any Mortal Kombat games are on the cards, well I can tell you it's a yes - also on the day when I bought my Switch, Mortal Kombat 4 was among the PS1 games I picked up. I will main Tanya on that game.

I can't promise, though, about the other PS1 game I bought that day, namely Jade Cocoon (very sweet game) - or even about the two I bought the very next day, Front Mission 3 and Vagrant Story, as they are still a work in progress. We shall have to wait and see!

But I am particularly thrilled about finding Rival Schools! Again, Sakura already being in the game was one thing, so I'd have kept my eye out anyway - but Akira joining the Street Fighter circuit was the deciding point. Had I not found it myself, I'd have certainly considered it for any future Street Fighter mandate.

Naturally, I will main Akira in the game - and I know her masked self is her Story costume in Street Fighter 5, but after viewing both costumes and their respective colours I have chosen to main her unmasked;
and Sakura will be my tag partner. And because one of the other characters is named Roy (and I don't doubt Lemmy might main him! LOL), yes I've had to tell good old Roy about my getting the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Akira is a good character. I use her too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 1:31 am

Neo Senshi wrote:
Akira is a good character. I use her too

Which version - masked, or unmasked? And who's your tag partner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Haven't played Mortal Kombat 4 for a long time. I even forgot the storyline
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! Empty

Back to top Go down

August is White Cape Month!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next