Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

August is White Cape Month!

Go down 
+13
Gin
Phoenix
Andy
Chatot
Rainbow
Mew
Kisara
Green Ninja
Raven
Lemmy Koopa
Pikachu
Neo Senshi
Anna Nytelikethis
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

August is White Cape Month! Empty
PostSubject: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 5:15 am

August is White Cape Month, in memorial of the Mute Incident (on August 23 and 24). This month will be 20 years since the tragedy.

As well as our memorial of that unfortunate turn of events, it was also in White Cape Month... when I experienced the inevitable result, of my finding myself thinking of M Bison every time I hear The Final Countdown. Because Dennis Hopper died on an airing day that year (and, as I feared, he eventually fell victim to one of the cruelest supporters assassins in "Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia"), I felt the need for a fresh new airing, to clear the lungs and avenge him - and I got my wish near the end of Thunder Month, with the announcement of an airing booked for August 7 that year.

When I found myself within 24 hours of the airing, I posted a Facebook status asking peeps to 'start the FINAL countdown' to the airing. Only when I posted up the status, did I realise what I said, and I remembered about my associating that song with M Bison - but no sooner had I realised, than I got a Facebook message saying good old Roy had posted something on my wall. You should have seen my face - it was a Street Fighter video set to The Final Countdown!

It doesn't end there, though! A couple of days after I quietly avenged Dennis, Roy invited me to call at his shop the very next day, as some of his staff wanted to challenge me to Super Street Fighter 4. In a situation similar to Raul Julia accepting the role of Bison, I initially turned the invite down - but an announcement for two more airings (in fact, the two on September 3 and *groan* Balrog's birthday September 4, at the time when I thought I was assisting Jenny de Cerna in dealing with another Lex assault) convinced me otherwise!

Naturally, I asked Roy if he'd put his Kylie music on for the occasion (well, naturally!) - he said he would, but he'd added another song he was sure I'd like. You should have been there, when that song turned out to be The Final Countdown!

As such, I had to tie in The Final Countdown for airing celebration - hence its official debut a year later, on my cat Blinky's 9th/final birthday, for my only airing celebration of 2011; and what became known as the 'Rainbow Bridge' airing security (i.e. the airing security brought on by Dennis's passing) applies not only to the big airing day itself, including the next day if the airing lasts past midnight... but also the obviously especially-critical interim 24 hours before an airing...

Then, in 2016 my family had to carry out the Rainbow Bridge security as of Bully Koopa Month that year. Grandpa Ken (September 29 1924 - September 14 2016) had been confirmed terminal, and was suspected to have until Balrog Bashing Month -his own birthday month!- left to go. My family agrees that "Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia" is very wicked... so they were more than happy, to monitor Grandpa Ken with all needed 'military precision'. I even phoned Gran on the day after each airing day - to check for the obvious peace of mind, that Grandpa Ken at least made it past midnight!

During one of those airing celebrations, I found ROMs of the Bucky O'Hare NES game in Swedish, and in Russian - as if the Japanese one I completed in Deadeye Month 2006 wasn't enough, I know! Because of the value of Bucky O'Hare, I opted for these to be the first two achievements for my next airing celebration since then - but because there were two, I opted to let the people decide and take it to a vote. So don't let anyone tell you, I don't respect any opinions besides my own - good ones like this, I can respect... but others are just, well, eeeeeewwww, y'know?

And, I know even my enemies would likely guess I'd have immediately picked the Russian version first, because of Zangief - but Europe are from Sweden, hence my commonly using the Swedish flag in my profile on the old site. With M Bison's nationality initially if not notoriously listed as 'unknown', yes I had previously suggested 'Swedish' as a potential guesstimate for him.

I asked Setsuna to do an opinion poll here, and ask your own votes... but instead, she herself voted for the Swedish version, because Grandpa Ken had voted for it. I'm guessing she felt, like, his vote was a dying man's last favour to his dear grandchild? "Awwwww...", I know!

On the day after the Mute Incident anniversary, I had an announcement for three airings on September 10, 12 and 15 that year. By this time, the people called for the Swedish flag to first fly atop of the good ship Righteous Indignation, so I completed the Swedish Bucky game close to midnight that very night, of August 25; and the Russian version an hour or so later, at stupid o'clock in the morning of August 26.

Still no airing news as of yet, but I keep on checking the online listings. And I still prepare one or two games - and if they're not ready for my next one, then others in the future to come y'know?
Back to top Go down
Neo Senshi
Kombatant
Neo Senshi

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 11:37 pm

Many costumes have a white cape on
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 12:24 am

Neo Senshi wrote:

Including one of Vega's costumes in Super Street Fighter 4! I think one of Bison's costumes had the cape, as well?

Also, in my fics... you'll recognise Vega's wedding clothes as his 'Wild' costume from Ultra Street Fighter 4, plus a white cape in place of the whole 'bee' look. I chose that one in particular, because, well... I won't lie, it's those epaulettes that decided it, they reminded me of those on rabbit's uniform...

Not to mention, my revenge on Carie (and thus, my first Special Champion Edition of the dear old Street Fighter mandate!) saw a little white cape-related joy - and both, on my 32nd birthday!

Firstly... for anyone who might have heard about the rejected 'superhero'-themed alternate costumes for Street Fighter 5, for one of my birthday presents Setsuna edited Vega's one to make it look like he is wearing a white cape. I still often use it for Facebook etc. bling, and if the forum will let me I may eventually use it as an avatar.

Secondly... it was on my birthday, when our boss man Kunzite was revealed to have taken up his new name. Earlier in the year, for a bit of fun I asked a Question the Fighters to his namesake, about being the 'poster boy' for airings - and the character replied with something about confusing him with a Final Fantasy character, not to mention a similar such remark was subsequently made in the commissions comics. But when I woke up on my birthday, I think there was something about Soma asking our boss man to be the poster boy (and if I'm correct about it, could that have been Soma's birthday present to me?), hence him now taking up the name... lazycat1
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Kombatant
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 9:36 pm

Pika
Back to top Go down
Lemmy Koopa
Kombatant
Lemmy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 2:19 am

Neo Senshi wrote:

And they look so cool!
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 5:13 pm

Lemmy Koopa wrote:
Neo Senshi wrote:

And they look so cool!

If Sephiroth returned, he'll tell you that you stole his line August is White Cape Month! 1f609 lol!

I actually kind of thought of Sephiroth, when I was walking home the other day - another person living near me has a British Blue cat of their own, a male named Oscar! And he looks just like our favourite Cactuar-hugger Jasper, who I had twelve years ago this month August is White Cape Month! 1f607 - I don't know, though, if Oscar is a Cactuar-hugger...
Back to top Go down
Raven
Kombatant
Raven

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 04, 2024 3:02 am

Also good for any occasion to prevent mute
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2024 11:29 am

Raven wrote:
Also good for any occasion to prevent mute

Then, I trust I know which of Vega's Super Street Fighter 4 costumes you use? August is White Cape Month! 1f638

And apologies for the delay, in writing the next part of the Narration - my parents are in France until a week tomorrow, so I'm on cat-sitting duty again. Plus, I've been preoccupied in testing out some games I bought while out shopping, particularly the SNES port of Zombies Ate My Neighbours - I needed to get everything just right, including to unlock that tricky bonus stage, before I consider it ripe for airing celebration...
Back to top Go down
Lemmy Koopa
Kombatant
Lemmy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2024 5:16 pm

You can modify a long white jacket to look like a cape
Back to top Go down
Green Ninja
Kombatant
Green Ninja

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2024 7:11 pm

Why ruin a jacket? White capes are very cheap at the dollar store
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 1:39 am

You gentlemen both have a point - but for the jacket idea, maybe if, like, the jacket can no longer be worn...?
Back to top Go down
Kisara
Kombatant
Kisara

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 9:29 pm

With the state of the economy in certain areas, the dollar store is the best place to shop
Back to top Go down
Mew
Kombatant
Mew

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 12:48 am

Mew
Back to top Go down
Rainbow
Kombatant
Rainbow

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 5:12 am

Kisara wrote:
With the state of the economy in certain areas, the dollar store is the best place to shop

That's how I shop too. Even if I could afford designer clothes I find them a waste of money
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 2:18 am

For those of you intrigued about the Kunzite character, in the Sailor Moon franchise... I would most recommend the Sailor Moon game on the Sega Genesis, as that's how I found out that Kunzite wears a white cape. And be sure to let Sailor Mars do the honours, as I mained her for the game!

And yes, in my fics Vega's wedding clothes include a white cape, and so do Bison's actually...
Back to top Go down
Neo Senshi
Kombatant
Neo Senshi

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 2:26 am

Lots of well known Sailor Moon characters wear and show off that white cape
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2024 12:10 pm

Neo Senshi wrote:
Lots of well known Sailor Moon characters wear and show off that white cape

And in the SNES port of the old Sailor Moon game, Moon wears that Silver Millennium dress I've been hearing so much about!

As for rewriting the Street Fighter Movie Narration, yes it's a rewrite and not a transfer from the old forum. For one thing, the prototype version was while we still thought Mel was one of us, and somehow developed a crush on me (I did not see that one coming - woot!) - but after we learned the truth, obviously I had to think things over y'know?

And yes, I do put a number of enemies (including past troublemakers here) in my fics - I've been doing that for years, starting with when my school bullies (many -if not all- of whom have since reformed) made anti-rabbit comments in real life, I reimagined them as members of the Toads lol! . But, unlike the evil example set by some of my enemies... I have the common decency to make even them look fab-u-lous - I actually tried making one of my enemies on the MyAvatar thing, but I ended up making another enemy instead lol!
Back to top Go down
Raven
Kombatant
Raven

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:06 am

This month everyone should wear the white cape as much as they can. I am wearing mine now
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 2:40 am

Raven wrote:
This month everyone should wear the white cape as much as they can. I am wearing mine now

Oh yes, your namesake sometimes wears a white cape too? And I loved her wedding dress, when in one Teen Titans Go episode she almost marries Beast Boy...
Back to top Go down
Rainbow
Kombatant
Rainbow

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySat Aug 10, 2024 2:42 am

I have a white poncho that looks like a cape
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 10:36 am

Rainbow wrote:

And in the PS1 game Diablo, the 'Cloak' armour is a white cape! I bought Diablo this week, and yes on that I'm a Rogue (because the Rogue the only female character) and I have named her Natalie - and as soon as I saw that Cloak, I just HAD to have it!

Also, last night I had a nightmare, about the anti-airing hex coming true again. Let's hope I get an airing soon, and I can soothe myself over that f***ed-up nightmare! (I censored the f-word, in case usage thereof might class as NSFW - but correct me if I'm wrong...?)

Crow, I remember you asking "Is that the anti-airing song? I'm surprised that it actually worked", in response to how the anti-airing hex shockingly came true on November 14 2015. Sick, I know!

And I have actually been debating, on wearing the red airing dress for next time - unless, of course, my next airing is a Santa Claude visit (in which case, the white Greek dress is a must). Why so? Because of M Bison's Street Fighter 6 reveal, "Of COURSE!", and the excitement about it and especially because of his horse!
Back to top Go down
Chatot
Kombatant
Chatot

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 7:41 pm

Chatot
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 2:11 pm

and doesn't JP wear a white cape, with his attire...?

Apologies again, in the Narration delay - my parents are still in France, as it turns out until Thursday. I'll start the next part as soon as I can, as well as cat-sitting duties I've (hopefully) got shopping this week; and one of my friends in town has ordered the SNES port of Turtles Tournament Fighters for me, so I'm waiting for that. If the codes work, then yes it stays and I'll fight in the most beautiful way possible - otherwise, I can donate it to a local gamer café...
Back to top Go down
Andy
Kombatant
Andy

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Rainbow wrote:

Aren't they the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Anna Nytelikethis
Champion
Anna Nytelikethis

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 3:08 pm

Andy wrote:
Rainbow wrote:

Aren't they the same thing?

I'd probably say yes and no, depending on the poncho?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August is White Cape Month!   August is White Cape Month! Empty

Back to top Go down

August is White Cape Month!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next