Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Vega lives!

Go down 
+19
Chatot
Altaria
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Vega lives! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Zane wrote:
Rainbow Bridge sounds like something out of the wizard of oz

I think it probably is ❓
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 am

Thank you both, I can say my airing went well. The next one is on Wednesday.

Love Goddess wrote:
Zane wrote:
Rainbow Bridge sounds like something out of the wizard of oz

I think it probably is ❓

LOL not exactly! It's my airing security, for if someone is in a code-red condition at the time of my airings - and I'll say it again, that the "
Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia"
wickedness strongly provoked such security. I inadvertently coined the terminology earlier this month, when I casually said to my dad "
I want to run across the Rainbow Bridge - not mope across it!"
...by 'to run across the Rainbow Bridge', well I think we all know very well exactly what I mean;
and I have threatened ghostly retribution if, ahem, I am faced with the obvious danger of moping across it.

The security takes its name from yet another Europe song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNe1n1Qtsjc ;
also, the animal lovers among you may, yourselves, be familiar with some poem about animals supposedly going across a rainbow bridge when they pass.

However, the only Wizard of Oz involvement... is for when the Rainbow Bridge security became official, with the end-of-life care for Grandpa Ken. When mom initially told me (to use a Street Fighter terminology) Ken's 'heavy damage' theme was playing for real, as tribute I knew there was but one choice, to be the first pre-airing gaming achievement for my first airing celebration without Grandpa Ken: the The Wizard of Oz SNES game! Grandpa Ken loved that movie, I was told he actually went to see it when it was released at the cinema - hence him passing such a great love on to me, when I was very young.

As such, I did have a little test-run/sneak peak of the game, ready for the real thing. I've found Dorothy herself is the best one to play as - the three friends are rather weak, however unless one is cheating, it's recommended to use the Tin Man on the level where you rescue the Cowardly Lion.

After Grandpa Ken's 'game over' screen was sadly displayed (and I can again assure all of you, he ran across the Rainbow Bridge!), yes I had half a hand on the The Wizard of Oz game - I was still near the end of my airing celebration at that time, however a fresh new celebration began a week after my bereavement. Upon getting the announcement, I said to my dad "
It looks like I have to complete that Wizard of Oz game tonight!"
, which I did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Airings are also booked for September 11, 12 and 24! Another early sign, perchance?

And as September 11 is Soma's birthday, should we have a site update then? Please also do NOT poke fun at Soma for his birthday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 5:08 am

Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 11:06 am

Thank you Kisara, I can now say we are in the final countdown to my airing tomorrow. Wish me luck - and stay safe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 2:42 am

Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Thank you Andy, my airing this afternoon went well. We're well into the final countdown to my next one, so everyone please continue to stay safe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 10:51 pm

My airing this morning went well. I will work on the next pre-airing gaming achievement as soon as I can, hmmm maybe I'll consider making it around the start of Balrog Bashing Month - see if I can complete a game in said month, to make a fair spread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 6:05 am

Good luck hope it is not too late
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 3:34 pm

Neo Senshi wrote:
Good luck hope it is not too late

Thank you Neo Senshi, no it isn't too late. Again lest any more be announced in the meantime, my next is on September 11.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 2:25 am

Good luck in September
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 10:15 am

Thank you Ditzy, and I trust everyone is keeping safe?

And the fourth achievement is in, I am pleased to announce my first completion of the SNES classic Donkey Kong Country 2 on Saturday September 5 2020. Another enjoyable game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 4:34 am

Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Thank you very much, Tetsu 0:-)

And as today is one year, since we sadly had to say goodbye to my furbaby Mel... I have changed my avatar to the Ken one, in his honour. In fact, it was you who suggested having a Mel banner because of it - hence me suggesting one of Ken and his family. Also note, there were a few Ken-related events at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Rest in peace Mel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Thank you very much, Neo Senshi. I'm still shocked about how Mel suddenly fell ill, but I thank my parents for their willingness to get him checked up, most of all as we had to carry out the Rainbow Bridge airing security in his and later also Crystal's cases. And his successor, Thunder, is just too freakin' cute - not even Blinky (of whom Mel was successor) could be this cute, and he was a Persian!

And we are now in the final countdown, to my airing tomorrow. Wish me luck - and stay safe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 12:42 am

Rest in peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Thank you Mina. Did we have any Mel fans here, by the way?

And my airing today went well, and we're well in the final countdown to the next. Continue to stay safe, everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 12:47 pm

My airing today went well, the next is on September 24.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 4:23 am

Mel the Street Fighter character or Mel your cat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 4:59 am

Kisara wrote:
Mel the Street Fighter character or Mel your cat?

Mel my cat, who yes I named after Mel the Ken fan - who himself yes called himself after Mel the Street Fighter character (I'm surprised he didn't call himself 'Ken'! LOL). Still blissfully unaware of the truth, I thought of the kitty as mine and Mel's child together - not unlike how Donut Lord wanted to name my late cats Zelda 'Gemma' and Crystal 'Lucy', after his girlfriends at the time when we had those two as kittens.

Because we found out the shock truth about Mel the Ken fan just after I was scared off from here, I do realise the irony, in that we let my cat Mel go on the four-year anniversary of when I was scared off. But that was our only Damme choice, again as we had to perform the Rainbow Bridge airing security.

Yes, my unique brands of giving credit include naming pets after people here! Thunder (who is Mel's successor), himself, was named on account of Black Star's kindness in making her 'Prayers for Mel' post, despite the post having arrived too late;
Black Star's use of the 'Cherokee' moniker resulted in my shipping her with T Hawk (the 'T' stands for 'Thunder') in my fics, in turn making her a princess just like me as T Hawk is his tribe's chief, and in the movie T Hawk reveals he's of the Cherokee tribe. I did also consider the name 'Cherokee'.

In fact, before Raul was officially taken ill (this was while he was still simply hairballing a lot, which mom falsely assumed was due to hairball season)... while on vacation in France, my parents befriended an adult female black cat who I instructed them to name Raven. So when Raul was taken ill, 'Raven' was one of the potential names I considered for his successor, should one be required - hell, when mom felt she could no longer delay taking Raul to the vet, I phoned dad to discuss this... and when he said "
If we can't save him, them we'll get you a new kitten"
, one of the things I replied with was, name-wise I was still keen on 'Raven' for a female black kitty.

However, my parents rejected the name 'Kaspar' (which is Kunzite's name, in the Italian version of Sailor Moon) for a white male, I chose that name on account of Kunzite's white cape.

In your case, I'd name a cat 'Kisala' - after a character from the game Rogue Galaxy, whose own name is sometimes misspelled 'Kisara'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 4:36 pm

and if Soma can indeed soon do an update, then Jay permitted me to send y'all a recent pic of himself as Vega. Jay is so sweet 🤤 :jay: 🤤
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vega lives!   Vega lives! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vega lives!
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next