Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

March is Jay Month!

Go down 
+8
Chatot
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

March is Jay Month! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 1:41 pm

Zane wrote:
The Team could still be around and the lack of activity could mean that they've moved on with their lives or have a lack of content to post. Don't let your guard down for anything or you can get hurt

Thank you for your concern Zane. I have been alert, believe me - it's just the signs as of late, y'know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 6:06 pm

Definitely time to celebrate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 7:24 pm

Biyomon wrote:
Definitely time to celebrate

Zane does have a point, hell with Europe's smash hit Cherokee being our Jay-protecting anthem... when I created the Street Fighter baby rule, i.e. in a snap decision when my cat Mel required the Rainbow Bridge airing security, I named his successor Thunder (after T Hawk, who in the movie is revealed to be of the Cherokee tribe) yes for our anthem!

But again, the signs strongly indicate victory. If the anti-Jay group was still on the prowl, we'd all be singing Cherokee over and over by now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 6:27 pm

I want to hear that beautiful Cherokee song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 8:28 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 1:37 am

Jaden wrote:
I want to hear that beautiful Cherokee song

Well, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBmSTLn7A0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQHEZDVbOdc

-This is a live performance of the song, for their Final Countdown 30th Anniversary show. I had the live-recording album, for my last Christmas with my cat Raul

When... we fell under the hate group's radar, I played Cherokee in an immediate instinctive, vengeful response - it was the first thing I could think of, yes because of T Hawk revealing himself to be of the Cherokee tribe in the movie;
as well as it being about a Native American tribe as real and genuine as Jay himself. And of course, good old Roy played it for me as well - as well as simply to make me feel better and all, he and other real life connections know, that I am setting my usual better example.

I did consider the name 'Cherokee' for little Thunder, but after much thought I liked 'Thunder' better - in fact, he's the purrfect doppelganger of a cartoon kitty also named Thunder :lol: 🐱
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 3:07 am

This is a good March for you 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 3:40 am

Green Ninja wrote:
This is a good March for you 😄

You're telling me - they used a Tetris-based remix of The Final Countdown, for the Tetris trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oknmWhWi1E

I dunno if I'd watch Tetris when it arrives on Netflix, though maybe if it comes on Sky, I might have it on TV like while I do my chores? But I realise, that my friends might start twisting my arm to play a bit of Tetris - well, I do have a ROM of Tetris 2 on my laptop, so will that do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 8:35 pm

Cherokee is a beautiful song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 4:47 pm

Alexis wrote:
Cherokee is a beautiful song

It certainly is! I particularly had to sing it a few times when I was 32, including while we looked after little Raul - so what luck about getting that Final Countdown 30th Anniversary show album, while looking after my cat right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 6:03 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:02 am

I had to get a new climbing frame for my cats on Saturday, oh my stars they love it!

After that, I opted to go shopping in town... and I did get quite a decent haul. Those lucky-dip Marvel Comics ink stampers I bought were cute - they even let me take the box for them, which meant I had a gold Groot stamper for free 😄 ...Reminds me of those Street Fighter pint-size Funkos I bought, with a 'free' Akuma in the box...

But I was also very proud to buy good old Secret of Mana, so that's good news for the Square-Enix players among you 😄 I have named my hero Raul, the girl Julia and the sprite Chapa (as in Damian Chapa, the Ken actor from the Street Fighter movie) - so for the 'choose funny names, to get interesting dialogue' fans among you, expect something a little inevitable, when the hero comforts the girl near the end of the game...

Now, in case anyone suggests buying another Tetris game, or perhaps eBaying for one, in light of The Final Countdown being used in the Tetris trailer... I may add Magical Tetris Challenge to my Christmas/birthday list? I chose that one in particular, because Capcom made it 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 5:08 pm

Congratulations on your haul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 1:51 am

Thank you, Miss Biyomon ^_^

I still need to review a few cheat codes for Secret of Mana, so I know where we're at ready for when it's time. For one thing, through weapon forgery you can get a claw just like Vega - so I've certainly taken advantage of cheating for this LOL

And for any Gauntlet players, there are finally cheats to get infinite potions, on the GameCube version of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (which I have) - but as an added bonus, the cheats will extend the attack range of all potions regardless of character colour (red = fire potion, yellow = light potion, green = poison cloud potion, blue = lightning potion). This is good news, especially when hunting the red Death and black Death - as in all Gauntlet games, Death will drain you, and can only be defeated with a potion (or in the case of Seven Sorrows, a Mana Blast attack);
however in this game and in Gauntlet Legends, equipping an anti-Death halo will reverse the effects, and allow YOU to drain HIM of health (red Death) or experience (black Death)!

Black Deaths are obviously good for leveling-up, so yes I will hunt those down until I reach level 99 - so I might make frequent revisits to the Haunted Cemetery level, where you first encounter a black Death and, yes, can stock up on crystals to unlock more of the areas. My favourite Death warning is "
Do not touch the tongue unless you are an angel"
, alerting you to a black Death near the start of the level Your Worst Nightmare.

As for who I will play as, well I did previously main the yellow Valkyrie, but I'm switching to a green Medusa (Medusa being the special animal form, for the Sorceress) - the point of a Vega fan playing as a Medusa is one thing, and of course I usually play as female characters... but I was up testing it into the early hours of St Patrick's Day, so I felt I ought to pick a green character.

If I were to play as a male character, I think I'd be the green Jester. Not only does he (and of course his animal form, the Hyena) shoot a Sonic Boom attack... my family and I have another celebrity friend, a comedian who once worked as a jester at one of the theme parks over here. And his jester attire closely resembled that of the green Jester, in Gauntlet: Dark Legacy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 4:32 pm

Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 4:59 pm

Thank you, Raven :-)

And if we have any fans of The Masked Singer (I just love that show!), well over here McDonald's will soon do plushies of some of the The Masked Singer UK costumes with their Happy Meals - so if you want to start looking for them on eBay, then yes do so.

My dad has eBayed for a plushie of the Dragon, I want her the most but there's no guarantee I'll get her with a Happy Meal - so better safe than sorry, right?

For anyone who is interested, here's a video of the plushies - I won't know if this is the official line-up, though, until I actually go to McDonald's. But here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOh3hBXE-XA&
fbclid=IwAR2GFlIYJ6bp1uLQD1kfjh8qiYkLarhc7gYd586-SARceWB9kJ7Om1VWdAg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 2:27 am

Plushies will be good gifts for our princess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 3:22 am

White Knight wrote:
Plushies will be good gifts for our princess

They are adorable, aren't they?

But I'm sure I'm not the only one here who enjoys watching The Masked Singer, and of course its sister show The Masked Dancer. It's all good for a laugh, and they do have one or two big names going on the show - and I think it was very sweet, how the US version of The Masked Singer has done such specials as a Muppets night (no doubt, because of Kermit the Frog's appearance as the Snail), and most recently a Sesame Street night.

The only special we British have had, was an I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here! special, on the opening night for that show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 4:58 pm

Fantastic. If I had a nice plushie I will give you one for your collection
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Jaden wrote:
Fantastic. If I had a nice plushie I will give you one for your collection

Awwww thanks Jaden 0:-) I have this adorable Ken plush keychain, which I had for my 32nd birthday - and, more importantly, for my revenge on the evil Carie...

A little warning to any Secret of Mana players: there is this annoying enemy called a Nemesis Owl, who -as my nickname for him 'That fucking owl' implies- can mute his targets. If you see a Nemesis Owl when playing Secret of Mana, kill the fucker!

You also learn the Mute skill from Sylphid, the wind Mana spirit. I may have to use Sylphid's other skills, in order to level him up - but I wouldn't dream of muting my prey...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 2:16 am

Terrible evil own!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 3:33 am

Raven wrote:
Terrible evil own!

I knew my friends would be pissed at the Nemesis Owls! Those owls will be seeing stars, by the time I'm done with them (get it - Nemesis VS STARS? LOL) 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 9:49 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 3:27 am

also, with Easter Sunday now being two weeks away... I advise my fellow British viewers to keep an eye on the TV listings for the next week or so, in case anyone is stupid enough to schedule Watership Down for that day.

May I once again remind you, that Channel 5 (who were actually responsible, for my first Santa Claude visit {in 2004}) scheduled Watership Down for Easter Sunday 2016. I just "
Meh"
ed it, as I also had an airing that day.

But a few days later, there were online news reports that people were pissed, about Watership Down being on TV on Easter Sunday - some kids were put off from eating their Easter eggs, too! Some viewers also felt, that whoever thought Watership Down should be on TV on Easter Sunday ought to be sacked! I'm inclined to agree - it's as inappropriate as, say, playing Beatles music at Christmas, or throughout my special month (i.e. considering John Lennon's remark about the band being 'more popular than Jesus', a remark which, I hear, hit the berserk button resulting in his assassination in, wait for it... Deadeye Month 1980)...

But despite the complaints issued, Channel 5 repeated the offense in 2017 - landing themselves in even more hot water. If I knew where to send my own gripes, I'd have voiced my opinion too - and OMG, someone would be running off with their tails in-between their legs, when I'm done with them...

For this reason, I always keep an eye on the TV listings, as Easter draws close. Luckily, nobody has since been stupid enough, to schedule Watership Down on Easter Sunday - but, well, in Zane's own words regarding the anti-Jay group not prowling, "
Don't let your guard down for anything or you can get hurt"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 4:44 am

Could explain why owls give those evil eye stares
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March is Jay Month!   March is Jay Month! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

March is Jay Month!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next