Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)

Go down 
+15
Chatot
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 9:50 am

also, the Lego shop sold me two new shirts today - and one of them has Cammy on it! It's one of the cover art variants, for issue 1 of Street Fighter Legends: Cammy.

If you like, I will gladly consider it a candidate, to be the Shirt of Chivalry for when Santa Claude finally comes to town (whether this year, or in the future to come. If not, then I'll stick with my shirt featuring the movie poster - that was the Shirt of Chivalry for my recent celebration.

The Lego shop may get some of the issues of Street Fighter Legends: Cammy in stock, so if yes then Gran will consider any of those for this year's Street Fighter mandate - except the issue 3 cover art variant which I already have, if I get spares of that then I'll just keep those myself anyway.

And if you're about to ask, the other new shirt today features our dear Vega - it's his official art for Street Fighter 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 11:51 pm

Congratulations on the shirts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 2:52 pm

Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 12:30 am

Thank you, gentlemen 😄

I also finally went and got those special edition Kylie CDs I wanted, along with a DVD and blu-ray of one of them! I also couldn't say no to a special edition album of Europe's most famous smash hit, The Final Countdown;
and the soundtrack for Disney's Aladdin - it even has Princess Jasmine on the cover art 🐱

And I picked up a few games as well, including (at long last) Ultra Street Fighter 2 for the Switch. Yes, I took advantage of the new colour edit option - naturally, I used movie colours for Guile and Cammy, and tried to recreate it for some of the other fighters as well, but I went with a duck-inspired colour scheme for Vega, because it was bound to happen sooner or later...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 12:51 am

Congratulations on shirts and cds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 2:45 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 2:50 pm

Thank you, Raven 0:-)

And I can't promise anything, but thanks to good old Roy, Gran is hoping to get me a Ken pin badge for this year's Street Fighter mandate. Roy has told me about a few Street Fighter items in stock at his shop's head office, so fingers crossed that he can order them in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 3:00 pm

Congratulations on your new cds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 3:08 pm

Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 4:34 pm

Thank you, both 🙇

Jasmine must be proud of me, for getting the Aladdin CD - she's certainly given me a good lick! Jasmine loves to lick me, just like my sweet kitty Blinky used to 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 12:07 am

Congratulations. I want to hear that Christmas wrapping for Santa Claude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 1:59 am

White Knight wrote:
Congratulations. I want to hear that Christmas wrapping for Santa Claude

Awww thanks Lemmy, and so do I!

I still haven't yet gotten a Princess Jasmine ornament to go on my tree, though. I do keep looking on EBay, and I am considering one or two options.

If I finally do get one, again it will debut when I get my justice for Kylie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 2:58 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Jasmine is a wonderful good luck charm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 1:59 am

We shall have our justice to make Kylie proud
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 3:24 am

Biyomon wrote:
Jasmine is a wonderful good luck charm

Where to begin? Again, signs indicate it was clearly meant to be that I would name her Jasmine.

Raven wrote:
We shall have our justice to make Kylie proud

I pray that we do. What happened last Christmas still eats me up inside...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 3:11 pm

Don't give up on those prayers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 5:14 pm

White Knight wrote:
Don't give up on those prayers

oh, I won't. And I will certainly prepare for when the time comes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 1:29 am

I am still praying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Raven wrote:
I am still praying

Thank you very much, for that.

In the meantime, I continue to prepare for when my prayers are answered - yes, including any games to complete when the time comes (or at least for other airing celebrations, as well?) 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 1:58 am

Firstly... yes, unless I have airings beforehand (like in, I dunno, Hsien-Ko Month?), then the Korean and Chinese versions of the Bucky O'Hare NES game will be the first two pre-airing gaming achievements for when we get our justice for Kylie. So that's a... maybe, at best thus far.

But I should have mentioned the other day, yes there is a DVD of Kylie's Christmas concert (the one which mom defaced) - but it's rare, like I'm guessing Kylie did a lottery of sorts to see which of her fans could get the DVD, which would explain why I could never find it in the shops.

Even better, it comes with a live-recording album of the concert - so you know what that means: another Kylie CD with Your Disco Needs You on it! This will be my second live-recording of the song - my first was on a live-recording album for her Kiss Me Once tour.

I only found out purely by chance about the DVD, after finding it on EBay - I'm guessing the previous owner needs the money, and/or is like getting rid of stuff?

Well, I think we know there is but one place for the DVD: my apartment! Yes, I have EBayed for it, and I will test it out when it arrives - naturally, I will use Your Disco Needs You for the test run.

Now, I know what you're thinking! Yes, I will indeed only use the DVD (including the album) for if Santa Claude comes to town - so getting justice for Kylie will mean the debut, for the DVD.

Please remember, my family usually plays Christmas music when decking the halls, having our old 'Ball before the Hunt Ball' (as mom called a pre-Christmas lunch breakfast, with some of our theatre friends) and so on - though we had to make exceptions, when Santa Claude came to town.

But after Kylie released her Christmas album, yes I knew we at last could have a more proper choice for Santa Claude - and in turn, my revenge on Carie would mean the debut for Kylie's Christmas album! As such, I got my wish, with the announcement for my airing on December 14 2016.

At the time when Kylie released her Christmas album, my parents would deck their halls (including to do the tree) on the first weekend in Deadeye/Spanish Deadeye Month.

But after they both retired (dad in 2019, mom during the initial lockdown), we would now do the tree on December 1 - unless, and as was the case in 2020... I have airings (or even a final countdown) on that date, in which case we'll still have to wait for a more suitable date if not the first weekend.

But now, with mom's blasphemy forcing me to impose a 'protected' status on Your Disco Needs You, to the point of its permanent fixture for airing celebration... yes, it now turns out I have a fitting album in that case too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 2:35 am

So much celebrations planned for Santa Claude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 3:31 pm

Mod Soul wrote:
So much celebrations planned for Santa Claude

You're telling me! Yes the DVD arrived the other day, I've tested it out, the DVD itself skips a bit (unfortunately, including on Your Disco Needs You) - but the live-recording album is fine. Hmmm... needs must, I can give the disc a wipe, no?

It's on a no-returns policy, not least as it's a bootleg - but who cares! I can use it as an 'exclusive' Christmas decoration, if it breaks! And of course, I did love one or two of the bootlegs in the Rescue Rangers movie - especially Peg-Leg Pete in the Aladdin bootleg, as this meant he had to wear a white cape LOL

If only my parents had a better attitude, whenever I am upset at Christmas - including, in this case, for mom to control her itchy trigger finger until after Kylie sang Your Disco Needs You. Some 'goodwill to all men', I know (!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next