Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)

Go down 
+15
Chatot
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 1:31 am

Mod Soul wrote:
Santa Claude will be greeted to a beautiful Christmas tree

Precisely my point! Again, when I created the Street Fighter mandate in the first place... I knew I'd face expectations, to distinguish any edition of the Street Fighter mandate which includes Santa Claude coming to town - hence the 'Special Champion Edition' terminology for that, and 'Spanish Deadeye Month' for the respective Decembers. Since creating the Street Fighter mandate, I have had three Special Champion Editions - which in turn, are my fourth, fifth and sixth Santa Claude visits (remember my first was in 2004;
my second in 2007;
and my third, when the Mute For Coal Incident occurred, was in 2012).

But the year when I created the Street Fighter mandate was also the year when Kylie released her Christmas album, so that was another bigger start! She released a Christmas single in 2010, but I think that was download-only so there was no guarantees really.

But what about actual decorations, I asked myself? Well, that was where the baubles came in, for a start! These got me thinking, about other potential 'exclusive' decorations - hence those beautiful Disney ones I started buying, both 'exclusive' and otherwise.

Should I actually have any decorations for Santa Claude, then in the meantime I display them around any as-yet-completed Capcom games which I've also had for Santa Claude - a duty I have also bestowed, upon Kylie's Christmas album. Obviously, that honour thus far has gone to my Lego Guile bauble (which I bought, just hours after I learned Santa Claude was coming to town for 2019), and the Ryu and Ken 'Bauble Heads' baubles (which I EBayed for during my airings in Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Month 2020... and had to use right away, as they arrived on the day after I had the announcement for Santa Claude's 2020 visit).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 1:52 pm

Mod Soul wrote:

He will be so pleased 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 3:15 pm

Biyomon wrote:
Mod Soul wrote:

He will be so pleased 😄

I'm certain of it! We can only hope he visits, so he can once again see my beautiful tree 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 12:44 am

Piplup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 12:44 am

Piplup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 7:44 pm

He definitely has to visit now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 9:55 pm

Santa Claude must make an appearance and be a hero for Vega fans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 am

Ladies, you both make a very valid point! Let's hope he visits any year now, if not this year...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 11:59 am

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 3:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ps8GvFC2rc

And for anyone who wants the song I named this thread after, well here you go! Could the lyrics also be talking... errr, singing, about airings in my special month? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNpXPuTEZrw

And here's one for Lemmy! Kylie covers the The Waitresses' classic hit Christmas Wrapping, assisted by Iggy Pop (whom the Iggy Koopa character was named after)!

Actually, I thought Christmas Wrapping sounds very similar to the 'skyscraper' theme from Donkey Kong Land :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 1:59 am

They are singing the classic songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 3:17 am

Andy wrote:
They are singing the classic songs

Christmas Wrapping is one of the classics, as mentioned it's a cover of the song by The Waitresses. Christmas Isn't Christmas 'Til You Get Here is one of Kylie's own original Christmas songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 12:05 pm

I continue to pray hard for Santa Claude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 6:38 am

White Knight wrote:
I continue to pray hard for Santa Claude

Thank you very, very much Lemmy 0:-)

But of course, again remember prayers officially begin on Yoshimoto's birthday November 13, by the time the world is seriously preparing for my special month. So it only feels right, to involve my cat's birthday in the Santa Claude rituals - even more so as he was Raul's successor, and therefore the end result of when I sadly so soon gained an opportunity, to set the example I wanted to with the events resulting in my creation of the Street Fighter mandate (see my article 'Jay Tavare's genuine kindness').

If Yoshimoto was still with us, he would turn 5 as we begin this year's prayers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 2:25 am

A lot of reasons to pray this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 12:33 pm

Raven wrote:
A lot of reasons to pray this year

Indeed!

As soon as we reach Balrog Bashing Month, itself the start of the so-called 'ber months'... on my first shopping trip therein, I keep an eye out for the earliest of the Christmas and Halloween stock. I never like to be left with the last-minute crap :lol: ;
also it helps with not only potential Street Fighter mandate items, but also what Mod Soul said about Santa Claude being greeted to a beautiful Christmas tree. And with the stock increasing, as the weeks draw on... well, the more the merrier (or spookier, in the case of Halloween)!

Such was the case with one or two significant items, among them the deluxe edition of Kylie's Christmas album;
and the Lego Ken frame which I had for the 2019 Special Champion Edition of the Street Fighter mandate.

And surprisingly, I think some music channels start streaming the Christmas music videos in Hsien-Ko Month! From my experience, they usually start on November 1 - which is another reason why I start hanging my Christmas decorations on that date. It's still too early, though, to know whether or not Santa Claude is coming to town, and in turn if that year's Street Fighter mandate will be a Special Champion Edition... so if applicable, the 'exclusive' decorations will hang later in the month, unless I already have prior notification of Santa Claude coming to town.

But in Hsien-Ko Month last year, for the sake of it I was checking the music channels... and some of them already started on the Christmas music videos! Someone's copying my dirty habits, methinks :lol:

I say this because, they may show the videos for some of Kylie's Christmas songs - which, along with if anyone plays any of her Christmas songs for me, would be good for practice in case Santa Claude comes to town. Since I created the Street Fighter mandate, and even better Kylie released her Christmas album, that practice has thrice paid off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 1:15 pm

I love Christmas music. Especially the warm ones by Kylie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 9:32 am

Biyomon wrote:
I love Christmas music. Especially the warm ones by Kylie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZENBUUfhgsY

Well, here's the full album! Again, these videos are good for practice... but the album itself is exclusive for Santa Claude.

I have also been talking with Gran... and she will see about talking to my parents, to at last fulfill their wish to go abroad for Christmas and so spend Christmas Day diving into a hotel pool in the Canary Islands. The only reason they are yet to do so, is because of Gran still being with us (though I may have misinterpreted dad's previous answer, when I asked him about this?)... but it doesn't really bother her much, like she supports their wish;
and if the red flag does wave for Gran over the holidays, she has yours truly (and, if applicable, Raul Julia!) to sleep with one eye open for her!

That, and of course yes I will assure my safety at Christmas, without worry of my parents lacking in goodwill for another year if not permanently. I mean that in goodwill, not to kick my parents out - again, I feel heartbroken, at their lack of goodwill if I'm upset at Christmas...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 6:55 pm

Nice album. I wish it was Christmas now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 11:50 pm

Neo Senshi wrote:
Nice album. I wish it was Christmas now

Hahaha, it does make one wish that doesn't it? 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 7:47 pm

Santa Claude's month is approaching closer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 11:52 pm

Biyomon wrote:
Santa Claude's month is approaching closer

True, and again remember Balrog Bashing Month is when the Christmas and Halloween shopping slowly begins, building up as the weeks go along. So obviously, that's when the shops will start selling everything we need for all of us to have beautiful Christmas trees for him 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 8:44 pm

I hope Santa Claude is getting his sleigh ready for December
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 2:29 am

Mod Soul wrote:
I hope Santa Claude is getting his sleigh ready for December

Fingers crossed for that!

Just to be on the safe side, until Santa Claude comes to town -if not this year- I will ask for at least one Cammy item every year for each respective Street Fighter mandate. It only makes sense, no?

No promises, but Gran and I are already considering one option - and it may be good news, for fans of the Streets of Gotham art collection! I am aware that there is one such artwork for Cammy, she's dressed as Harley Quinn... so I've asked the Lego shop to make a shirt with that artwork on it, and if yes then Gran is more than happy to get that for me, for this year's Street Fighter mandate.

Santa Claude coming to town -in turn meaning, that year's Street Fighter mandate would be a Special Champion Edition- would naturally guarantee, about if any of the fighters seen in the movie must receive a mention for that year's respective Street Fighter mandate.

Previous fighters who received this honour were Vega, Ken and even M Bison. I didn't get any T Hawk items for 2019 (when I had my second Special Champion Edition)... but it's just as well T Hawk was among my Lego Street Fighter baubles, as I named my then-new kitten Thunder yes after T Hawk (the 'T' stands for 'Thunder');
and obviously, the baubles -including the Guile one I bought, just hours after getting the announcement- made their debut in the year of purrchase, as well as to make their return a year later.
Back to top Go down
Altaria

Altaria

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 4:19 am

Altaria
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)   Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas isn't Christmas 'til you get here 0:-)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next