Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Vega Month!

Go down 
+12
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Vega Month! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 1:29 am

Biyomon wrote:
Raven wrote:
If a dentist gave me a painful needle in the jaw on purpose then I would punch them

I will do the same too :pissed:

Well said, ladies! I mean, aren't medical professionals supposed to be nice people, who help you get better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 2:28 am

Gracia wrote:
Biyomon wrote:
Raven wrote:
If a dentist gave me a painful needle in the jaw on purpose then I would punch them

Well said, ladies! I mean, aren't medical professionals supposed to be nice people, who help you get better?

That is supposed to be true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 2:58 am

Neo Senshi wrote:
Gracia wrote:
Biyomon wrote:
Raven wrote:

That is supposed to be true

Hence mom not taking me to not one, but three medical facilities where I was treated like shit - and yes, my local hospital was indeed the third one!

Zane has also jokingly suggested, about Carie being a clone of a certain former visitor here who is herself an evil nurse...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 11:20 am

A Kylie tune was on the radio today! My parents and I were on our way home, from shopping... when Kylie's song Wow came on the radio. Ohhh, my parents knew NOT to hit that pause button and especially not to, ahem, "
Quick! Change the channel!"
😄

Mom also said, about Kylie being like a singing Barbie doll - so I added, it's fitting then that Barbie's boyfriend is named Ken 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 10:37 pm

Save that radio station. That is a good channel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 1:26 am

Raven wrote:
Save that radio station. That is a good channel

Oh, well there's no guarantee that any radio station would always play Kylie music. But yes, it was very good of them to do so yesterday 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 3:18 am

A have a few radio stations that I like to listen to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2023 8:27 am

oh, Chinese New Year is coming up this Sunday. It's the Year of the Rabbit. Mom did ask me if I'd like to go to the Chinatown over in Manchester, this weekend - but for one thing, I dunno how much I'd have left over, after I hopefully do my shopping this week.

And, let's face it - especially due to certain amphibious comments aimed at my person, I'm kind of wary of what mom might order for her meal at the restaurant! Yes, I think you know what I'm talking about. *slaps my enemies here, who themselves made the aforementioned amphibious comments*

But if mom is willing to behave herself, and if my funds are sufficient... then perhaps I'd be more inclined to go?

Oh well - I guess I'll just have to settle for hopefully buying some Chinese New Year merch, including those Chinese chicken pieces I like, at the supermarket when I go shopping? As well as Chinese food, they do sometimes sell things like those I think Chinese lanterns.

Please also note, that Chinese New Year has also occurred during some of my past airing celebrations - very fitting indeed. Yes, I do eat Chinese food for airing celebrations, my food shopping during airing celebrations will mostly consist of foods from the classic Street Fighter 2 countries (well, naturally!) - though I may buy some such foods in the meantime, including for like taste testing for when the time comes?

But I do realise, there's no guarantee I could get an announcement between now and Sunday! Fingers crossed, in any case;
and if I do get some Chinese New Year merch, yes I'll give it some thought about reserving it for when I do have airings - hell, I have a maneki-neko Christmas ornament, which yes is exclusive for Santa Claude visits...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2023 7:32 pm

Ah another good time to stuff yourself with food
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 1:47 am

Jaden wrote:
Ah another good time to stuff yourself with food

I don't know, though, if any of the Chinatown restaurants allow that - though one of my local Chinese restaurants would allow you to fill your plate, as much as you can?

And, it turns out the restaurant mom would go to has closed! I did go there myself, when I went with mom for Chinese New Year 2006 - it gave us a good view of the dragon parade outside, and yes peeps gathered at the window to watch.

IF we do go, then we'll have to see which restaurants are open that day, and give us a good view of the dragon parade...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 2:24 am

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 3:56 am

I hope people in the dragon parade are wearing white capes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 11:17 am

White Knight wrote:
I hope people in the dragon parade are wearing white capes

I think red is a common Chinese New Year colour?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 12:39 am

They can wear red and white
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 9:38 am

Mod Soul wrote:

Hmmm, I think so? I did make some nice white ensembles, for Forest and/or Marshall Law on Tekken 6 - or was that Tekken 5? And on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (the WiiU version, naturally!), yes I want the Chinese dresses for all females, and I think I made most if not all of them red.

Although, there was that 'Umbrella Corp. logo'-striped medieval gown mom made for me, for my only airing celebration when I was 26 (the one when I first made my airing 'entrance' set to The Final Countdown). I also wore that dress, for my first celebration since we became anti-Balrog!

Now, I know what some of you may be thinking! If indeed Chinese New Year falls during an airing celebration... then no, this may not guarantee me wearing the red airing dress for that particular celebration. If I choose that dress, then it may be for such other reasons as anything Ken-related - as was the case for my celebration in Balrog Bashing Month last year, because I had an eBay due by the Grandpa Ken anniversary.

The white Greek dress debuted for one such airing celebration, actually, when I was 24. Yes you guessed it, folks - the dress debuted for the two airings on the day after the UK release of Street Fighter 4! There was a mixed reaction to the news, there were some negative responses but still some positive as well.

I had that particular announcement a few days before Chinese New Year... so when I did my grocery shopping on Chinese New Year, yes I bought some Chinese chicken at the supermarket. But that's not all - at another shop Roy was managing at that time, I also bought My Chinese Coach, for the Nintendo DS. The point of me buying it on Chinese New Year certainly didn't go unnoticed - and I later also bought My Japanese Coach, on another shopping trip!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2023 12:16 am

And in light of the good news about the Spanish Bucky O'Hare game, but bad news for those who hoped to wave the Finnish flag... I suppose it wouldn't hurt, to use the Finnish flag in my profile as a reminder?

However... I will happily accept petitions, to include either or both of the Turtles NES games I have among the achievements. I make this offer, on account of Rocksteady being of Finnish lineage in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - and when he starts a beatdown, he'll always finish it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2023 2:53 am

Mod Soul wrote:

Those colors mixed together becomes pink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 3:59 am

Andy wrote:
Mod Soul wrote:

Those colors mixed together becomes pink

Of course a Dan fan would point that out :lol: But I think Mod Soul meant the individual colours?

Also, in light of the Spanish 🐰 game... I realise there will be questions, about giving Vega a mention for this year's Street Fighter mandate (but still with Cammy keeping the festive spotlight for now, as needed).

Well, I'll see what I can do... but if nothing else, yes I am considering some of Udon's Street Fighter works again. There's one with a Vega VS Cammy artwork on the front cover - and be assured, Cammy is behaving herself!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 1:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGTqeL3co4

Cats singing M Bison's real theme... errr, The Final Countdown. So cute!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 3:40 am

So cute. Love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 2:36 pm

Raven wrote:
So cute. Love it!

Yes. As if the cats singing the Zelda theme and the Game of Thrones theme videos weren't enough 🐱

And I've thought about it... I think I'll wear my Roman robe, for my next airing celebration. In the classic Biker Mice series, there is one episode where they are transported into (I kid you not) Shakespeare plays, with themselves as the characters (Vinnie as Romeo and Charley as Juliet was inevitable LOL) - well, when they enter Julius Caesar (obviously, with Limburger as Caesar), yes Charley wears a Roman robe. So... why not, right?

And my Shirt of Chivalry will be one of my movie poster shirts, yes because these feature Vega as well as Cammy. Again because of the Spanish Bucky O'Hare game, I know I'll likely face petitions, to wear a Vega shirt for my next Shirt of Chivalry - but the Cammy binge is still in effect, as we prepare and await justice for Kylie, so it's a win-win for both requirements.

Gran is cool with this - she understands, that the Cammy shirt she got me for Christmas has been demoted. It's very rare, that newer shirts are demoted in favour of older ones... but as one would expect with the Street Fighter Queen, there is always a most justifiable reason 0:-)
Back to top Go down
Altaria

Altaria

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 1:13 am

Altaria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 5:13 am

I love that cute video :cammy:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 5:33 pm

In case anyone asks what I am to do about King Charles's coronation, in Dennis Hopper Memorial Month (in fact, on the two-year anniversary of when we had to surrender Yoshimoto)... mom is talking about she and her neighbours doing a street party, for the occasion. I'll only go if I'm not too Damme busy to go, including if the party falls during a final countdown - the only reason I would go on an airing day is, "
Of COURSE!"
, if it's like my last few airings (i.e. another umpteen p.m. scheduling, lasting until early the next day).

But if the party falls during an airing celebration... then yes, my parents agree I ought to wear an airing shirt with Cammy on it, as this is a celebration for a British royal. No guarantees, though, if such would be my next airing celebration (i.e. for which the Spanish Bucky O'Hare game is on reserve) - if not, then I will use the Cammy avatar and UK flag here, again assuming I'm hosting an airing celebration.

I did suggest to mom, about playing songs by British artists if we have a music player for the occasion. We previously did so, for the VE Day and VJ Day street parties back in 1995 - but we'll find out if we'll do the same this time.

Of course, if the noise from a certain insect quartet crops up... then I can just retreat into the parents' house, and play some Kylie music until the noise ends. But I do have a few other few British names in mind, for our music choices...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 2:36 am

Fans are able to make all sorts of cute videos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vega Month!   Vega Month! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vega Month!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next