Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

should October be Hsien-Ko Month?

Go down 
+5
9 posters
AuthorMessage

should October be Hsien-Ko Month? Empty
PostSubject: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 10:26 am

I know we have listed October as Nightwalker Month, specifically because the Nightwalker (a Heartless enemy of Kingdom Hearts fame) is designed like one of my favourite supernatural beings: the Jiang-shi, or Chinese hopping ghost/zombie/vampire.

But for anyone seeking another Capcom-themed name, most likely after a Darkstalkers character, for the month in which we celebrate Halloween... well, should we rename October as Hsien-Ko Month, from now on? Hsien-Ko, herself a Jiang-shi, happens to be my main in the Darkstalkers series (though before you ask, on the original I would pick Felicia, yes in part because of Menat's costume as her) - so yes, I imagine her to be one of Princess Natalie's potential crossover costumes, were she in a Street Fighter game.

"
Why Hsien-Ko?"
, I hear you ask? Because one of the weapons she throws is, wait for it... Vega's claw! I realised, that in itself may lead to calls for October to be Hsien-Ko Month, no?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 am

You can make the change for this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 1:39 pm

Last Quincy wrote:
You can make the change for this year

That's true, Quincy - but even leaders need to discuss anything they may be stumped over, before making a decision no?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 1:40 am

I am sure you will make an obvious decision
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 2:35 am

Mina wrote:
I am sure you will make an obvious decision

I guess your saying about it being "
obvious"
settles it, then - Hsien-Ko Month, it is! October now 'officially' joins the Capcom-themed month names!

I know some people have submitted the Spooky Arena stage from Street Fighter 5 as a forum banner for Hsien-Ko Month, in 2018 I think - interesting choice, because at that time I was in fact hosting an airing celebration, for an airing on November 1 that year. I am fine about that banner being submitted again, whether or not -but indeed most preferably- if airings are imminent.

Also note the pumpkins in the background for Spooky Arena. May I remind you, Dante (of Devil May Cry fame) was a special guest in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - which means, he got a brief starring role alongside such demons as the jack-o-lantern/pumpkin-like Pyro Jack demon, as well as making Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne an honorary Capcom game.

I also give the thumbs-up, for if the Union Graveyard stage -which features that full moon in the background- is submitted as a banner here for Hsien-Ko Month. Another prominent, and in some cases varied, feature of Shin Megami Tensei franchise is its 'mooning' system: the phases of the moon can benefit friend or foe alike - and it goes without saying, how you especially have to watch out for the full moon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:40 pm

I'd love the new month name too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 7:44 pm

Hsien-Ko is also a Halloween figure as are all of the Darkstalkers characters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:18 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 7:36 pm

Zane wrote:

They look cute in Pocket Fighter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 1:45 am

Zane wrote:

Precisely! Donut Lord actually called Victor (the Frankenstein monster) 'the Frankenstein who attacks people with his bum' :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 2:59 pm

Yes. I support Hsien Ko month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 10:41 pm

We made a great decision
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 2:56 am

Thank you both very much, ladies. I'm guessing you would both thus play as Hsien-Ko, on the Darkstalkers games?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:10 am

That's today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:40 pm

Piplup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should October be Hsien-Ko Month?   should October be Hsien-Ko Month? Empty

Back to top Go down

should October be Hsien-Ko Month?
Page 1 of 1