Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Funny names, funny dialogue?

Go down 
+2
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Funny names, funny dialogue? Empty
PostSubject: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 12:50 am

Hey, whenever anyone names the character/s in some games... do you ever give them any funny names, whether or not you intend for the resulting funny dialogue? Not counting how mom always calls Link 'MUM', despite my explaining repeatedly to her that's the hero name and not her file name...

I ask because, on the SNES classic Secret of Mana... I named the hero Raul, and the girl Julia. I guess I didn't SEE the inevitable dialogue coming at certain points in the game, did I? You know, like... "
RAUL: JULIA! Ahhh!"

The album wouldn't let me upload a screencap here, it seems it's too large and/or corrupted to be posted - but I posted it on Facebook, and people got it right away. Yes, some of them did find it funny!

(PS before you ask, I named the sprite Chapa, after Damian Chapa)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 1:05 am

I haven't but that sounds so creative
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 2:44 am

Neo Senshi wrote:
I haven't but that sounds so creative

Try looking up on YouTube, like about funny Pokemon names or funny names to give Link.

Of course, they do suggest for the gen-1 rival a name I would never use (I won't say which one, except that no Jay :jay: fan would ever use it)... but there are other good funny names to consider.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 9:17 pm

Cute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 5:56 am

I used to give characters nicknames after my pets
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 7:45 am

Alexis wrote:

Awwww, that's sweet!

And in case you ask, no I won't twist your arm to submit pictures of your pets to the Pet Gallery - not unless you want to, and/or if anyone else may want to see them?

And if Lemmy was playing any games, where you can name the character... dare I ask, is the name 'Peaches' another common girl name choice for you now?
Back to top Go down
Altaria

Altaria

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 3:48 am

Altaria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 6:17 am

Alexis wrote:

I used to do that too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 3:22 pm

Mod Soul wrote:
Alexis wrote:

I used to do that too

You too, Mod Soul? That's just so cute!

And I won't twist your arm either, to submit pictures to the Pet Gallery... unless you want to, and/or anyone else may wish to see 0:-)

In my case, well yes part of it is due to preference... but also, mom is very... purrticular, when it comes to naming our cats. So I guess that kind of rubbed off on me too, somewhat 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? EmptyThu Oct 12, 2023 6:27 pm

Love those ideas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny names, funny dialogue?   Funny names, funny dialogue? Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny names, funny dialogue?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Saikyo Chaos Realm :: .....The Edenia Realm..... :: Scarlet Mirage-
Jump to: