Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!

Go down 
+8
Chatot
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! Empty
PostSubject: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 8:45 am

It's good news - the Finnish IPS patch for the Bucky O'Hare NES game does work, after all! I'd previously tried it on a US version ROM, but it doesn't work - so I tried it on a PAL version ROM, and it works like a charm!

As such, yes the Finnish Bucky O'Hare NES game will be the second achievement, when I next host an airing celebration. I'll still keep the Finnish flag on my profile for the time being, as a reminder - for obvious reasons, I only use certain flags such as, say, the Spanish flag for airing celebrations.

And again, for those still curious about the title... well, I got it from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E67wO4q54bg , hence the Turtles game offer while I thought the Finnish patch messes the game up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 2:52 pm

Who is Finnish should be really proud
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 4:52 pm

Jaden wrote:
Who is Finnish should be really proud

Aye, I'm sure! No doubt any Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Chinese and Korean folks would be proud too, no? And of course, we'll soon add the Spanish folks along with the Finnish - we all know Vega would be proud, especially since Deadeye Duck climbs walls just like him...

But in case anyone asks, I don't know if any Capcom characters (let alone our Street Fighter stars) are from Finland - but correct me if I'm wrong?
Back to top Go down
Chatot
Kombatant
Chatot

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 1:10 pm

Chatot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 9:41 pm

So proud of our princess!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2023 12:57 am

White Knight wrote:
So proud of our princess!

Awww, thanks Lemmy 😄

And in case the Blanka fans ask, I think they speak Portuguese down in Brazil? And whatever language they speak in Jamaica, yes a translation for that would please the Dee Jay fans, I'm sure...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 2:49 am

I wish I was from Finland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 7:45 am

Raven wrote:
I wish I was from Finland

Awww, that is kind of sweet. I'd probably suggest you use the Finnish flag on your profile anyway, if you like... but... is it a good idea, to even say so...?

But because good old Cammy is herself British by adoption, I only use the Union Jack (the British flag) during airing celebrations for any major British-related reasons, yes including the still-ongoing Cammy binge. Obviously, I had to use it last Balrog Bashing Month...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 1:58 am

Also, as a bonus... I have added another IPS patch, which allows you to play as Deadeye Duck, Willy DuWitt and Jenny in their 'brainwashed' colours as seen on level 5. This would be especially good, for anyone who wants to do all three mirror matches (i.e. assuming you've already booted up a cheat code, to unlock everyone).

I had already made the brainwashed Deadeye Duck as my hero -along with the Righteous Indignation, as my starship- in Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter;
as well as using the brainwashed colour scheme for myself in Deadeye Duck's clothing, Willy DuWitt, and yes even my inspiration for Jenny de Cerna's character design, when making us as custom characters on Soul Calibur 3. Now we have the real deal!

If cheat codes are booted up, however... on some versions, it may change the sprite colours a bit, including to keep part of the default colours. Hmmm... Bucky's palette swap reminds me of the 'Stealth Mission Bucky' figure...

But it's all good on the Spanish version! I can definitely play as brainwashed Deadeye et al on this one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 4:08 pm

Wish there was a way to patch and translate all jrpg games in to english
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 4:49 pm

Good work Lady Gracia
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 5:31 pm

Jaden wrote:
Good work Lady Gracia

Thank you Jaden 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 8:53 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 2:42 am

We need to celebrate all this righteousness with an airing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 4:27 am

White Knight wrote:

You're telling me! :jay:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 8:51 pm

White Knight wrote:

For sure hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 3:01 pm

Biyomon wrote:
White Knight wrote:

For sure hug

And in turn, I can wear that lovely Resident Evil necklace I bought, for the main event! Let's hope I can wear it soon, no?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 2:35 am

It has been way too long without an airing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 3:08 pm

Raven wrote:

You're telling me! I hope we get one soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 7:43 pm

Gracia wrote:
Raven wrote:

Hope so too hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 2:42 am

Jaden wrote:
Gracia wrote:
Raven wrote:

Hope so too hug

Oh bless you! Feel free to card duel, during my special occasion - don't challenge me, though, because I suck at dueling (I've tried a few Yu-Gi-Oh video games, and I was rubbish)...

Unless I host an airing celebration in the meantime, I won't rule out the possibility, that the coronation may fall during when I next host an airing celebration. My family is considering our options, in case this is so - like, if I can attend the coronation street party mom is planning, then maybe I'll take one of my Cammy figures as well?

Remember, the coronation will be in early Dennis Hopper Memorial Month... so again unless we have the news in the meantime, keep your eyes forward around then.

When I found those Chinese and Korean versions of the Bucky O'Hare game, and as it turns out I was to complete them for two airings on September 17 and 21... I ended up completing them, on the morning of when King Charles ascended to the throne. I was winding down from completing them, when the news came in about concerns being raised for the Queen's health - oh my stars, my family was on high alert all day!

I had to explain this to my real life friends, who I asked for a vote - and one of them suggested I should complete something else, to make up for it. Well, he got his wish, with the Spanish and Finnish versions of the Bucky O'Hare game - so if indeed the coronation falls during when I next host an airing celebration, then, well, there you go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 8:36 pm

We crown our princess during every airing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 1:31 am

White Knight wrote:
We crown our princess during every airing

Oh bless you, Lemmy! But as I'm sure you've heard, we lost my nation's previous monarch Queen Elizabeth II last year, in fact on the day when I completed the Chinese and Korean versions of the Bucky O'Hare NES game (i.e. ahead of my airings on September 17 and 21). One can arguably agree, hers was the biggest case of my family carrying out the Rainbow Bridge security.

It was also reported, that multiple real rainbows appeared that sad day - including two over Buckingham Palace, suspected to be the Queen and Prince Phillip giving their final bow to the British people;
and my family and I suspect, that the one over Windsor Castle could be my late cat Yoshimoto, who took ill just after we lost Prince Phillip. These rainbows were affectionately dubbed the 'rainbow of remembrance' by one Twitter user.

As such, Charles III (same name as a Viewtiful Joe antagonist, I know!) is now our new king, and so will be formally crowned in Dennis Hopper Memorial Month - on the two-year anniversary of when we surrendered Yoshimoto, I realise that. Celebrations are being planned for the coronation weekend, such as street parties... and mom is very keen (queen?) on hosting one herself, so she plans to meet with her neighbours to discuss all that. As a royal-watcher myself, yes this is a big deal for me.

However... we are also on alert, in case the coronation falls during an airing celebration or even on an airing day itself. If so, then yes we are preparing all contingencies just in case - including my plans to accordingly bling up my profile here et al.

Unless I host an airing celebration before then, then yes that means the Spanish and Finnish Bucky O'Hare games will be completed at such a time - and would thus fulfill one kind suggestion, that I should complete something to make up for completing the Chinese and Korean versions on the day when we lost the Queen. There's no guarantee that this will be so, but you never know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 9:50 pm

Piplup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 10:24 pm

Finnish it should now be the proper spelling here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!   Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it! Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadeye Duck will start a beatdown - and FINNISH it!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next