Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Fashion in fiction?

Go down 
+6
Altaria
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Fashion in fiction? Empty
PostSubject: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptySat Dec 24, 2022 6:52 am

As I'm sure many of you have figured out, another of my specialties in gaming... is to bling up friend and foe alike. It only feels right to go round the battlefield in such sartorial splendour, y'know?

And I'll say it again - just because I don't like someone or something, doesn't mean I lack the decency to make even them look dazzling! This is actually another point, why I find it tricky to design some of my enemies - I'm undecided about their costumes and/or weapons LOL;
also, for the enemies who requested custom-character appearances in, say, Soul Calibur 3, sorry but I don't think they made things like bloody chainsaws back in the 1500s.

For example... much as we hate Balrog, you can't deny his Guts Man costume is just too adorable, so much that even both of his actors wear colour variants of it, when walking (sorry, dragging) me down the aisle to Bison in my fics. And yes, all three of them would have a Mettaur on their shoulder (Balrog acquires one of these, if the costume code is used on his Guts Man costume).

So if any of you are undecided about costume, weapon etc. choices in your games... then yes, please do screencap your options, and I will happily make a recommendation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 1:44 am

We should always have fashion!
Back to top Go down
Altaria
Kombatant
Altaria

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 4:00 am

Altaria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 6:43 am

White Knight wrote:
We should always have fashion!

How very true! I loved your namesake's disco ball, in Paper Mario Color Splash (which my mom has).

I actually made you as the hero in Def Jam: Fight for NY, and yes I made you look very handsome indeed and your fighting style is -what else- 'street fighter'. I used to have Mel (the Ken fan who faked a crush on me) as the hero, but after we found out the truth, I had to rethink things a bit - and, well, you pulled the lucky straw. So if anyone here asks me about that game, my answer would be "
Oh, my hero is a street fighter named Lemmy"
!

As for making my enemies as fictional characters, I also tried making one of them in the 'Facebook avatar' app - but I ended up making another one instead :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Anyone wearing the white cape is in fashion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 12:44 am

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 1:20 am

Alexis wrote:

Well, we do have a head admin, who calls himself after a character who wears a white cape - so I hope he read your comment 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 1:54 am

Alexis wrote:

I wear mines proudly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:27 am

White Knight wrote:
Alexis wrote:

I wear mines proudly

Nice one, Lemmy 😄
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 4:06 am

White Knight wrote:
Alexis wrote:

I wear mines proudly

We should all do the same
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 4:22 pm

Raven wrote:
White Knight wrote:
Alexis wrote:

I wear mines proudly

We should all do the same

Oh that's right - your namesake has a white cape version, yes? When I bought that Lego Raven figurine a few years ago, you asked if I can get the white cape version - I looked into it, and apologies but no there isn't one. Or do you know, if there is?

But who else here likes to make fictional characters look flashy, in games? Heck, on the game Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter... my player character is the brainwashed palette-swapped Deadeye Duck, who is the level 5 boss on the Bucky O'Hare NES game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 12:53 pm

If I am able then I would too. Unfortunately not all gamed have customization or accessory abilities
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 1:36 pm

Alexis wrote:
If I am able then I would too. Unfortunately not all gamed have customization or accessory abilities

That's true - I meant for those that do, naturally. Surely you'd want whomever you play as to be all dressed up in his or her fictional finest, including your choice of weapons! Heck, even the classic games have costume colour options, depending on what buttons you press - Street Fighter being one such franchise, I need not remind you.

And for the dirty minds out there (or the pure minds who want to make THAT clothing item presentable, as well)... yes, in some games you can even choose female characters' -tsk- undergarments. No, really.

I seriously don't get the appeal of undergarments and certain body parts, though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Thise are good ideas for your birthday gift. I hope you got good presents
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 2:15 pm

I hope that one day they will add a customization section in Street Fighter to add your own character
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 3:28 pm

Alexis wrote:
I hope that one day they will add a customization section in Street Fighter to add your own character

Isn't that what they're doing, in Street Fighter 6?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 7:30 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 12:59 am

Gracia wrote:
Alexis wrote:

How good is the actual customization though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 5:32 am

Tetsu wrote:
Gracia wrote:
Alexis wrote:

How good is the actual customization though?

It looks good, from what I've seen so far. I think there was a sneak peak or two, on the weekly Street Fighter 5 fights on Facebook - for Damme obvious reasons, they hold these fights on a Tuesday...

And no, I'm not trying to twist arms for peeps to Friend me on Facebook (please remember, my suggestion to join me on Facebook was a goodwill gesture... and in case 'anything happened'...)! I just thought I'd let y'all know, in case anyone is interested.

and for anyone who plays CastleVania: Symphony of the Night, you can change the colour of some of the capes you obtain in this game. That way, if you so prefer then yes Alucard can wear a white cape - as yes I certainly had him wear, when I completed the game for my airings during my 'Xion Twilight' disguise in 2010.

I thought I'd mention about CastleVania: Symphony of the Night, because of the cute Alucard plushie I bought yesterday at Roy's shop. He was just too adorable, and yes I plan to use him as a Halloween decoration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 10:41 pm

It would attract other fans if it could. It could be like Jump Force but with the famous game play that Street Fighter excels at
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 1:08 pm

Gin wrote:
It would attract other fans if it could. It could be like Jump Force but with the famous game play that Street Fighter excels at

I think that's the whole idea?

I think the reason why Capcom never did this before, it was something about wanting their own characters only, and not our 'original' ones alongside theirs? Ha! Well what about games like Monster Hunter, right? And you can dress up your characters in some other games, too, like that Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance game I completed a few years ago...

Mind you, I think all this modding might have helped changed their minds, which may also explain the crossover costumes in Street Fighter 5...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 4:26 am

The customization should have Jay as Vega. That's a real win
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 5:47 am

Raven wrote:
The customization should have Jay as Vega. That's a real win

There is good news on that front: Vega has a Jay-inspired costume colour, for his default costume on Street Fighter 5. Colour 13 is designed after Jay's trousers and sash, for the cage fight scene in the movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 10:04 pm

That is such a lovely costume
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 11:02 pm

Piplup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fashion in fiction?   Fashion in fiction? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fashion in fiction?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Saikyo Chaos Realm :: .....The Edenia Realm..... :: Scarlet Mirage-
Jump to: