Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions) Empty
PostSubject: Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)   Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 8:59 am

http://nesninja.com/game/nes/bucky-ohare/roms

For anyone who wishes to play the NES game which kick-started my gaming career, here's a link for it, including the Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Chinese and Korean versions.

As mentioned, I have already completed the game in Japanese, Swedish and Russian. I completed the Japanese version on December 1 2006 - which was just as well really, with dad surprising me by getting me the Bucky O'Hare graphic novel for Christmas that year.

No, I didn't have any airings at that time (my next airing celebration since then, was for the airings resulting in April being Airing Month) - but yes, this was one of my prime examples, of me bringing a whole new meaning to my special month being a time to be righteous.

I completed the Swedish and Russian versions (in that order) six years ago this week, for the airing celebration when we lost Grandpa Ken. I was already hosting another airing celebration, at the time when I found the ROMs on another website (which I think has since been deleted?)... but because of the obvious high priority of Bucky O'Hare, I decided these two games should be the first two achievements for my next celebration after that.

But which one to complete first, since there were two? Now, I know y'all would expect me to immediately pick the Russian one first, because of good old Zangief - but Europe are from Sweden, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks of M Bison every time I hear The Final Countdown.

I decided to take it to a vote... and the votes leaned toward the Swedish version. Some of the Swedish votes were made, because Grandpa Ken voted for it (he didn't like how, apparently, Russia was planning to revert to *in Street Fighter 2 announcer voice* USSR) - I'm guessing they felt, his vote was his last favour to his dear grandchild.

On the day after the Mute Incident anniversary, I had an announcement for airings on September 10, 12 and 15 that year - so once again, I gave my family the marching orders, to be extra vigilant for Grandpa Ken on those airing days and when I start each respective final countdown. Of course, I realise that the security was no longer necessary in this case, as of 3:45 p.m. on September 14 - but please be reassured, that the airing on September 15 was at 5 p.m., meaning the final countdown was at 5:01 p.m. the day before.

As I suspected, the people called for the Swedish flag to first fly atop of the Righteous Indignation. The flag fluttered at around a quarter or ten to midnight, signalling I had completed the game, so I raised the Russian flag right away - it too fluttering an hour or so later, at stupid o'clock in the morning the next day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)   Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 6:11 am

Gotta play all the versions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)   Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 7:02 am

The best game version for any game would be the language that I am fluent in for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)   Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 4:55 pm

Gin wrote:
The best game version for any game would be the language that I am fluent in for me

True, true. But it's still sweet to give all available translations a chance, no?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)   Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 5:22 pm

Gin wrote:

I would only want one language unless I am trying to learn a new language
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)   Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)
Page 1 of 1