Saikyo Chaos Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saikyo Chaos Realm

A place for friends to chat about Street Fighter, video games, pets, life, movies and anything in general.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Jay Month!

Go down 
+11
SuperBeast
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Jay Month! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Raven wrote:
I celebrated without even knowing it. Jay will always be our hero among Vega fans

Bravo, Raven! Show humble gratitude to this sweet man!

In fact, with us having recently marked ten years since we became anti-Balrog (and it was actually on the anniversary day, when I came second in that Mario Kart tourney)... Jay's birthday this year will also be ten years, since the Jay photo arrived O:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 6:43 pm

Do you know if Jay was a Mario fan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 2:45 am

Biyomon wrote:
Do you know if Jay was a Mario fan?

I don't know, sorry...

However, I think I may have casually alerted him, about precisely why May is Dennis Hopper Memorial Month - including that, just as I feared, one of the most cold-blooded supporters of the "
Street Fighter is so bad, it killed Raul Julia"
hate trend did indeed mock Dennis for it. I'm sure Jay understands my concerns...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 10:36 pm

Is Jasper behaving now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 1:50 am

Kisara wrote:
Is Jasper behaving now?

So far, so good 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 11:36 am

More Mario fans out there than you know it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 1:45 pm

hey guys, just as I feared... there have been reports of xenophobic racist attacks against Russian people. Shame on whoever would dare do such a thing!

As such, and still with the need to avenge Kylie Minogue... whether for now or when we have more airings, should we use a banner featuring Cammy and Zangief? I'm still using the Cammy avatar when the time comes, though...

Mom has also reassured me that, despite such name changes as 'Chicken Kyiv' (instead of Chicken Kiev) for any Russian-based products and all... I would not be in any trouble if I played as any Russian characters in games;
and nor would I 'deliberately' bash our dear Red Cyclone himself, the only reason I would bash him is of course if he gives Vega any trouble...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 7:55 pm

The racism of any kind should be stopped
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 2:13 am

Mario fans are my kind of people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 2:45 pm

Neo Senshi wrote:
The racism of any kind should be stopped

I know! Those poor innocent Chinese people, who suffered racism at the start of the epidemic - some idiots on Facebook even said not to play as any game characters from countries where the virus was particularly rife, because they're from those countries. Nasty!

I only hope people don't be all like saying we must bash Zangief, because he's Russian...

But for anyone who stubbornly refuses an apology, if someone accidentally makes a racist, homophobic etc. comment;
and/or may pull the 'race', 'gay' etc. cards to tip things in their own twisted favour... shame on those people, as well! Both me and even Donut Lord have encountered such assholes in real life... and, well, as always I repeatedly proved true Vega's motto of "
Handsome fighters never lose battles"
LOL

Ever since we became anti-Balrog, numerous false accusations were made about me hating Balrog because he's black - which we know is not true, as for the past ten years we've held a very genuine, non-racist reason to hate him. Please be assured, you are not racist just because you hate Balrog - just because you have enemies who happen to be of certain ethnicities, does not make you racist!

On a lighter note... as if the Street Fighter cookbook isn't enough, today I picked up that Final Fantasy XIV one! If Sephiroth was still around, I know he'll likely push me to get my cookbook-loving dad to cook any of the recipes from it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 10:29 pm

Congratulations on your FF book! We are lucky to have Deadeye protecting us all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 2:08 am

Raven wrote:
Congratulations on your FF book! We are lucky to have Deadeye protecting us all

Thank you very much, Raven. If I don't stand up, and among things bring my dazzling means of protection (such as the famous white cape!)... then who will, no?

Heck, I even named my cat Thunder (after T Hawk;
the 'T' stands for 'Thunder', and in the movie he's revealed to be of the Cherokee tribe) in part for our Jay-protecting anthem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 1:35 pm

I hope people are more mature than that to bash Zangief
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Gin wrote:
I hope people are more mature than that to bash Zangief

That's a very good point, but yes we still need to be vigilant just in case...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 2:41 pm

Thank you Gracia for taking a stand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 3:05 pm

Neo Senshi wrote:
Thank you Gracia for taking a stand

My pleasure, Neo Senshi! If I don't take a stand, then who will, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 6:24 pm

March is also St Patrick's day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 11:20 pm

Kisara wrote:
March is also St Patrick's day

St Patrick's Day is actually quite sore, as it was on that date... when poor Blinky was taken ill, before we lost him ten years ago next month. He was the sweetest cat I ever had...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 pm

Poor Blinky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Biyomon wrote:
Poor Blinky

Amen, sister! No other cat I've ever had has been so loving and sweet. That cat sold himself to me, the moment I met him!

Again, the poor kitty was taken ill immediately after we learned of the Street Fighter X Tekken thing - indeed making Balrog's slur all the more painful for me, and yes adding to my opposition of Vega X Balrog shipping (I mean, seriously??). We did our level best to save him... but he grew steadily weaker, including to develop the same symptom which would also claim my cats Raul and his successor Yoshimoto (the one I lost last year), so we let him go just after Easter.

But ten years ago today, on Jay Tavare's birthday (yes, today is Jay's birthday!)... there was a welcome comfort, during Blinky's end-of-life care: the arrival of my signed photo of Jay as Vega! When mom brought Blinky home from the vet (he had a follow-up appointment, after being taken ill), his medical care obviously wasn't the only topic of the day!

While we still tried to save Blinky, yes I did go shopping to look for a suitable frame for the photo - but this was before I moved it to a larger frame (which previously held my Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light poster), and put a collage around it.

The photo would then go on to being a key part, of the security brought on by a festive tragedy which we dubbed the Mute For Coal Incident. The photo was my then-only item of Street Fighter merchandise gifted to me and/or signed for me by the movie cast - so because of the delicate nature of the tragedy, it only felt right for me to bring the photo to such 'risky' appointments as surgery, and of course for celebrating Christmas.

The photo is now retired from public duty, save for any appointments in my apartment and spending Christmas there. But as well as Jay himself showering me with gifts, even Wes Studi (Sagat) gave me a generous gift on his own Facebook page - so that too has played a role in my security 0:-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:24 pm

Sad when any pet leaves us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 2:16 am

Tetsu wrote:
Sad when any pet leaves us

I know, and Blinky was purrticularly special (even my very motherly male gray tux Smokey could never come close...) - so it must have been really hard for my parents, when they made the hard decision.

Rest assured, though... that the lack of airings during Blinky's end-of-life care meant I didn't have to 'panic', as I later would with Mel (Blinky's successor, who the then-blissfully-unaware I named after a former Realm visitor), Crystal and when Yoshimoto was initially taken ill! As would also be the case with Raul six years later, there were no airings until after we lost Blinky - and the time came in Dennis Hopper Memorial Month, and on the same channel no less!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 2:42 pm

Mew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 2:19 am

did any of you mark Jay's birthday, a couple of days ago?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 2:41 pm

Happy belated birthday to Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay Month!   Jay Month! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jay Month!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next